I love finding new blogs to follow, and new and exciting things to discover. I think blogging is one of those things that pulls people together and it makes for such great conversation, if a lot of jealousy over people's gorgeous clothes and a steadily decreasing bank balance from said jealousy.
However, this week Rae at 'Some Broke Girl' nominated me for this Leibster Award. Now I've seen loads of these about recently but never really divulged. Obviously I would love more followers, the more people who read my work the better, but I've never wanted followers just for the numbers. I want people to read what I write because they enjoy it and think I'm actually doing a good job. However, I decided to do this piece because as I've said I think it's really interesting to learn more about other people and there blogs, so it's a good opportunity for me to do the same
1. List 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you.
3. Ask 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate for the award.
4. Choose 9 bloggers with 200 or less followers to nominate.
5. Go to each blogger's page and let them know about the award.
6. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
1. I am a third year student at Southampton Solent University studying Writing Fashion and Culture with the dream of one day becoming a columnist or feature writer in New York City (very SATC I know)
2. I am in the process of creating a wedding magazine for my FMP and I secretly am really enjoying it. I could do my research all day.
3. I have a beautiful 6 month old baby sister, who from birth people seem to automatically think that I am in fact her Mother
4. I really don't even remember exactly what my hair colour is, since 16 I have never been my natural colour
5. I think I actually have a shopping addiction. I begin to twitch if I haven't bought anything new in a week.
6. I could quite happily live off of a diet of philadelphia on crispbreads and vegetable soup. Due to laziness and the above mentioned addiction which means my money is better spent on clothes than food.
7. Despite the fact that I have written off one car, and crashed the other into some bollards, I still maintain the fact that I am actually a good driver. I only got two minors in my test - therefore am just brilliant!
8. I have a slightly unhealthy love for the Harry Potter films which I fear comes off as weird, but it was literally my whole childhood. Momma is taking me to the studios as my Christmas present and I am literally bursting with excitement.
9. I have OCD when it comes to my clothing organisation. In my wardrobe everything has to be hanging in height order and of which is worn most frequently. In my chest of drawers everything is colour co ordinated and in style sections. FREAK!
10. I have a pet peeve of people who don't reply when you've text straight back to their reply, or ring you and then two seconds later aren't available when you call back. I guess impatience is a better word for this.
11. I have three tattoos and really really want another. Another addiction of mine.
1. What names do you want to name your babies one day?
Evie-Grace for a girl, and Casper for a boy. I like slightly alternative names, not ones that half the country have.
2. Style Icon?
Without a doubt Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen, I can't pick one over the other. This probably stems from a childhood love of them, but their laid back casual style is so simple but looks so bang on. I love it
3. What is the one beauty product you couldn't live without?
The Body Shop vitamin E facial wash. It makes my skin feel incredible, gets every single last piece of make up off my face, and the £8 the tube lasts for ages!
4. What is your earliest memory?
Not liking the food as a five year old on holiday in Ibiza. My Dad had to go to the shop and get me coco pops.
5. What did you dream about last night?
There were 4 babies in total, one was mine, one my baby sister and I've no idea who the other two were. But I was left on my own and Lib was on the table and I was holding my little one and then Libby fell off the table. My Mum came in and shouted at me, and then I woke up. Weird.
6. What is your life ambition?
I want to be a columnist, get married, have three children, enjoy my job and just be happy.
7. What make-up brand is your favourite and what item is their best?
If I'm feeling flush then Elizabeth Arden is my go to (Pure Finish Mineral Powder Foundation), yet most of the time when I have no money I go for Rimmel (Kate Moss Lipstick #01).
8. Where would you love to travel to?
I would love to go to Thailand as it just looks like an absolutely stunning place. Though I would also love to travel all of America. And Australia. And South Africa. Ok just everywhere!
9. Who is your favourite Kardashian Sister?
I love Kim's style, Kourtney's bluntness, and the way Khloe keeps them all together. I don't really have a favourite if I'm honest. Though I am ridiculously jealous of Kendall and her beautiful model looks!
10. If you could have one celebrity's feature what would it be and why?
Miranda Kerr's face. She is just the epitome of beauty. Such a girl crush on her.
11. What trend for 2013 are you most excited about?
I'm loving this monochrome trend as I think it's so versatile and easy to pull off.
Questions for my Nominees:
1. What made you want to start blogging?
2. What were your resolutions for 2013?
3. What are you hoping to see at London Fashion Week?
4. What is your staple item in your wardrobe?
5. If you could only have five items on a desert island what would they be?
6. What is your favourite magazine?
7. Do you have any tattoos? If not would you like any?
8. What is your favourite book?
9. What is the one thing you want to achieve in your lifetime? One dream or aspiration.
10. Where would be your dream holiday?
11. What is your favourite beauty product.
So there you have it, a bit about me. Looking forward to seeing my nominees answers too.
And a thank you to all my current followers and readers for sticking with Fluttering Lashes and helping me to make it into a success. Here's to 2013 and doing even better!