Pages

Friday 12 July 2013

Results With Lucy Review?

As I've recently mentioned, I'm on a mission to get fit for my holiday in September and that means exercising. If you are a regular reader of my blog then you will know I go through stages of going exercise crazy - gym, DVD's, 30 day challenges. Anything I see that gets rave reviews I like to give a go. So of course, when 'Results With Lucy' went live I just had to give it a go. And I've got to say, so far I don't agree with all the positive press it has been given. As you would expect, she looks incredible in every video, but I'm just not convinced she didn't have to do these routines every hour of the day to get that body. To me they just aren't that intense. 


It's £12.99 a month for full access to all the workouts, the monthly newsletter, and diet advice. As of yet the diet advice section of the website has not been launched, and I am still waiting to receive a newsletter which is not great. But the exercises, they're just not very well put together. After the warm up, which is pretty standard, I started with 'Lean Mean Machine' as I already do a lot of abs so thought cardio would be a nice change. It really wasn't cardio. It was abs. The moves are good, you can feel them working don't get me wrong. But the trainer asks you to repeat the routine two or three times, however the video only does it once through, meaning you have to restart the video twice through. The first time it took 10 minutes to load so no way was I going through all of that twice more. I did what I could remember and got on with it. 

'Abs Like Slabs', though a very popular hash tag on Twitter, was very much the same and left me feeling like I could have done more. I don't know, maybe the next upload of videos will be better. These were the first ones to be made so hopefully improvements will be made for the next time round. I shall keep my eye out, but for now I am going to combine these with my much love 'XHitDaily'. I've raved about them before and there are just so many videos to choose from you can't possibly fail to find at least 10 that you don't love. I did the below 'Victoria's Secret' workout yesterday and boy are my legs and bum feeling it today! 



Let me know if you feel I have judged too quickly and you have got on really well with 'Results With Lucy' or equally love 'XHitDaily' as much as me. Workouts that can be done in the comfort of my own home are definitely for me, and 30 Day Shred gets thrown in every so often if I can bare to be shouted at by Jillian after a long day at work. I think it's all about getting the balance right, so give it a go and see what you think. 

4 comments:

  1. I have to agree. I joined results with lucy today and got straight to it. I can feel that my bum muscles have had a workout but as you said, it's so annoying to have to go back to do the reps. And i also don't like the fact that there is no music. i'll carry on cos I've paid now but i think they need to up their game to keep subscribers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also watch out because I thought I had cancelled my subscription but I hadn't and they were just taking money out for 3 months despite me cancelling due to ill health!!
    They also have very poor customer service...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't blame customer service for your own mistake of not cancelling #JustSaying

      Delete
  3. You can't blame customer service for your own mistake of not cancelling #JustSaying

    ReplyDelete