Pages

Monday 7 March 2011

Another New Hairstyle...

I’m definitely a girl who changes her mind a lot, to say the least and my hair is no exception.
I get very bored with it very quickly. It’s constantly being coloured, currently a lovely bright shade of plum, but after 4 months I’m thinking I shall be moving on rather soon. And trying to grow out a very short bob is possibly one of the most tedious experiences ever. I am a great lover of hair extensions right now.
I love going to get my hair done at Queens Hairdressing in Rothwell. I refuse to move to a Southampton salon, I’d rather make the 3 and a half hour journey back home for some pampering than run the risk of my hair being hacked off by someone who doesn’t know what they’re doing.


With a cute vintage style, Queens is an hour of complete relaxation which I look forward to every 10 weeks.  My hairdresser is amazing, she has been doing my hair for 4 or 5 years now and knows exactly what I like and what suits me. Check them out!
After seeing the adverts for Jessie J’s new album, apart from the obvious thought that I love her music, I can’t help but notice how amazing her hair looks. My hair is that exact length but rather than looking sleek and sheek it looks flat and lifeless and I’m not digging it at all. So now I’m thinking is it time to revert back to the full fringe reminiscent of the 90’s?



I can’t help thinking however, isn’t a block fringe a bit of a childish look though? I mean on her it looks amazing but the last time I had one I was 5 or 6. I am pretty babyfaced as it is and I definitely do not need to undertake any sort of makeover that is going to make me look even younger. Being asked for id for a 15 film when you’re actually 18 is not cool.


And it’s not one of those things that can be sorted pronto, if I don’t like it I’m stuck with it for a good 2 or 3 months before it’s grown out enough to sweep across. Pinning back is not an option, I’m not a massive fan of my forehead, it’s not a good look if I’m honest.
I’ve never been someone who likes to try new things especially when it comes to fashion. As a pretty fat, ugly and unpopular child who was picked on throughout secondary school, I generally liked to try to blend in with the crowd, although now I’ve moved to university I think I’ve got a little more self confidence in experimenting in things that I usually wouldn’t. Although I’ve always been one of those people who has no trouble saying what I think, my opinion is loudly voiced to the many!
My fashion has definitely changed, and I’m trying to be more confident and outgoing than I was back at home so why not just go for it and try something different.  Blending in with the crowd is not something I want to do, especially as I want to work in the fashion media industry I need to stand out as much as possible. 
I always think hair is something you can change. Long, short, bangs, black, blonde, brown, red, purple, literally every colour under the sun. So I think I shall be making a date with my hairdresser asap for a bit of a change in my currently boring, growing out style. And if anyone is reading this thinking about trying something new, whether it be hairstyles or a change in job or something as simple as a new shade of lipstick, give it a bash. What’s the worst that could happen! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment