Pages

Wednesday 9 January 2013

What's On My Face...

I thought I'd do something just a tad different today, that I've seen on a few other blogs. What's on my face - as in make up, and products, kind of my go to everyday bits and bobs. I've had a lazy day getting my hair extensions done (post will be done in a couple of days when I'm allowed to wash and style them), and napped pretty much all afternoon, so thought I'd better do at least one productive thing with my day...

I don't tend to wear a huge amount of make up day to day, or on a night out come to think of it. I tend to stick with a bit of face powder, mascara, and my trademark red lippy. I hate going out without lipstick on, I feel so plain and washed out. My favourite at the moment is this Loreal bad boy - although I've got my eye on a really deep red/burgundy Chanel one, and my Nan got me a lovely deep pink Estee Lauder one for Christmas, my lippy collection is gradually beginning to take over my otherwise pretty empty make up bag.

L'Oreal Paris Color Riche Boosting Serum Lipstick in True Red/Estee Lauder Pure Colour in Rebel Raspberry/Chanel Rouge Allure Luminous Satin Lip Colour in Rouge Noir

Foundation is a funny thing for me. My skin is pretty sensitive, so I try not to chop and change my make up too often. When I've got money, I treat myself to my favourite Elizabeth Arden powder. It just glides on my skin, has great staying power, and clears up all my blemishes - it's my holy grail of foundation. However, at £25 and the pot only lasting 4 weeks, along with the fact it must be applied with a serum costing just over £40, it's not cheap to keep up with. So for my skint student months I go for Rimmel Stay Matte foundation, and the same branded powder. It does the job, not as nice for my skin, but as long as I fully remove it before I go to bed it keeps blemishes to a minimum. 


Elizabeth Arden Pure Finish Mineral Powder in Shade #03/Elizabeth Arden Intervene Serum/Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation in Classic Beige/Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Silky Beige

Mascara is my thing. One thing I do like about myself is my eyes and lashes. I take after my Mum with these, as does my younger sister, and even my 5 month old sister. We've all got big blue eyes, and long lashes - thank God for my Mum and her good genes. I use two Rimmel  mascaras to get this effect - one for lengthening, one for volume. I cannot use one without the other, it just does not work. I hate clumpy lashes, but at the same time I hate really individual separated ones - these two seem to create the perfect in between. And for a night out, for that little something extra I use the Estee Lauder mascara, adding a little more volume and wow factor - eyes have to stand out!


Rimmel Lash Accelerator/Rimmel Scandaleyes/Estee Lauder Magnascopic

And to take all this lovely slap off, I have totally given up on face wipes - The Body Shop's vitamin E facial wash is heaven in a bottle. It removes 99.9% of my make up, and makes my skin feel ridiculously soft, and for the little bit that remains Liz Earle's Hot Cloth Cleanser sorts it right out. I love that you can see what's left on your skin when you think that you've got it all. Whack on a bit of the tonic spritzer after, and skin is left feeling completely refreshed and clean - I don't really know the proposed effects of the tonic spritz, but it feels nice so that's good enough for me!


The Body Shop Vitamin E Facial Wash/Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanser/Liz Earle Tonic Spritzer

And as for my hair; the picture to the left, is horrendous as was taken just before I had my it cut and dyed back to it's lovely shiny self (Wella Colour Touch 55/65) - as shown on the right, but I've included it because these are pretty much the two styles I form my hair into. Up in a scruffy bun, or down and blow dried. I rarely use hair straightners as my hair isn't in the best condition anyway, and when dried with a round brush I can get a pretty straight effect so why bother!? I use the dove colour shampoo with the aim to keep my colour at it's most vibrant, I'm not entirely sure if it does that as this shade fades no matter what, but it certainly lasts longer than it used to. I've raved about the banana conditioner loads, and I swear I will never use another conditioner ever - soft, manageable, and scrummy smelling hair - perfect! When I do decide to style my hair I give it a small spritz of the Aussie heat spray, hopefully stopping it damage any further!

Dove Colour Protect Shampoo/The Body Shop Banana Conditioner/Aussie Take The Heat Leave In Spray/Wella Colour Touch Semi Permanent Shade 55/65

So there you have it, all my beauty go to's! It's actually a lot when I look at it, but my make up is minimal - not because I don't like experimenting, but when I wake up in the morning I just cannot be bothered to plaster on a full face of make-up, so simplistic I remain.







No comments:

Post a Comment