But as for this evening I thought I'd do a bit of a different post. Things I've learnt at university. I've seen this tag floating around a lot recently, and seeing as I've just finished my degree I thought I'd post my experience. Southampton Solent may not be the most well recognised or brilliant university in the world but I certainly think it's given me the tools I need to progress within a journalism career. I've loved my time here and I'm so so sad that it's all come to an end - though I'm not going to think of that just yet and continue living in denial. So here goes...
1. It is the best experience I have had up until this point! I don't think anything will ever compare, and I would not change a thing over the past 3 years, I've had a ball with some pretty incredible people!
2. Cheese is expensive, and I eat a hell of a lot of it.
3. When you live with boys you begin to realise they aren't all arseholes (though a fair few still are).
4. Alcohol is extremely cheap, and when you go back home anything more than £1.50 for a drink is extortionate.
5. You never have enough money for essentials or bills, yet plenty to get drunk, order takeaway or get a new dress.
6.Getting up before midday is almost physically impossible.
7. Hair of the dog actually does work!
8. No matter how many 9am starts you have, you will never attend more than 1 a week.
9. You are extremely proud of any meal you cook that is not microwaveable, or involving pasta.
10. The idea of going out without getting very very drunk at pre drinks is almost incomprehensible.
11. You will only drink wine out of a wine glass 10% of the time. Pint glasses and mugs are much more likely.
12. When food shopping, anything over £1 is considered expensive.
13. There is no better feeling than submitting your dissertation/FMP
14. You get WORSE at handling your alcohol through your 3 years. When people say you learn your limits as you age - this is NOT true!
15. Your YouTube history is filled with baby, animal, and general funny videos for procrastination purposes. This is a personal favourite...
I have so many more, but these are the main ones that spring to mine. Do you agree? What things have you discovered whilst being at uni? Leave a comment, I'll enjoy reading on my ever expanding breaks from revision.