Pages

Wednesday 12 June 2013

Maybelline Super Stay Color...

I love lipstick. Anyone who reads this blog will have read that statement a million times over. I stress that I said lipstick, NOT lipgloss. So when I got sent this lip gloss I wasn't overly excited to try it if I'm honest. I cannot stand lip gloss. I cannot stand how sticky it makes your lips feel. I cannot stand how if you make the smallest turn of the head your hand gets stuck to it. And I cannot stand how easily it rubs off. However when I went out the other night I could not find my deep pink lipstick to wear so I thought I'd give it a go. My mind has been changed, for this product anyway.


I love the deep pink shade of the gloss, I pretty much only wear dark lip colour as it seems to really suit my complexion. The gloss and the overcoat are kept separately, and despite the fact that the overcoat is white it never seems to pick up the colour of the gloss which is good. The gloss wand is the perfect shape to define the outline of your lips before filling in and holds a good amount of gloss to give a full coating. 


On first application the gloss is very sticky and heavy as you can clearly see on the left. However once the overcoat is applied that stickiness instantly disappears and gives a feels completely matte, though still appears glossy. The best of both worlds. And the staying power - well I've never worn a lip colour like it. Even my Revlon just bitten balm doesn't match up. I had to scrub and scrub to get it off the next morning. It definitely lives up to it's 24 hour staying power credentials.


So there you have it, a new found love for gloss. Kind of. If I can have the appearance of gloss minus the horrible sticky texture than I'm all for it - I'm definitely going to pick this bad boy up in a couple of other colours purely for it's staying power. But for now I need to get back to some last minute revision for my court reporting exam this afternoon. Eek. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment