Pages

Tuesday 8 February 2011

J'adore Paris...

There is just one topic of interest on my mind right now and that is the fact that in less than 3 weeks on Thursday I shall not be on my way to my usual 9am lecture, but will in fact be beginning my travels to the beautiful city of Paris. And beautiful is a word that will feature heavily in this post.
Everyone always says that Paris is one of the cities that you should visit before you die, so when I saw the signup sheet at university I was on it quicker than a fly to doo doo. And I cannot even begin to describe how excited I am to be going!
Not only am I going to one of the most beautiful cities in the world, but what makes it even more exciting is that I am going to be there during Paris Fashion Week when it is going to even more beautiful and a million times more exciting!

I want to be a complete typical English tourist. I want to visit the Eiffel Tower, go the fashion houses, buy a beret, try to sample a few snails (if I’m feeling brave), and never be seen without a camera around my neck. I love taking photos. I want a memory of every single thing that I’ve seen, hopefully one of which being the Eiffel Tower at night as well as the day because how stunning is that! So let’s just say I’m going to pretty snap happy on this trip!
It’s only a 4 day trip so I’m going to cram as much as physically possible into those few days, however I am going to try to have a little willpower and avoid the clothing boutiques as much as possible. I’m hoping 175 Euros will get me through, which to a non shopaholic would be more than enough, but to someone such as myself may prove a bit of a task.
I am counting down the days, 23 to be exact, until I embark upon my little adventure with my lovely friend Sophie. A beautiful city, beautiful sites, beautiful food, and if a couple of beautiful French men happen to walk our way, well that will be even more beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment