Pages

Sunday 19 June 2011

Pre Intern Excitement...

So I've definitely been neglecting my blog as of recent, been so busy with uni hand ins, work and going home to visit my family its been non stop. But I'm back and you'll be hearing a lot from me over the next month.

My internship at Look magazine starts tomorrow. It has come round so so quick, it seems not that long ago that I got the email saying I'd been accepted, and now it's upon me I am a massive mixture of nerves and uncontrollable excitement!

Needless to say as this momentous event has got closer my debit card has taken a huge hit, and I'm sure half of the stores in Southampton are now contained within my three bulging wardrobes. No doubt though I shall still complain that I have nothing to wear!

So what do you wear to work at the best selling fashion weekly in the country? Smart casual. Now this is a term that has always confused me. Do I go for smart or casual? They are two completely contradictory terms.

So my lovely fellow intern Amy, who the wonderous invention that is Twitter introduced me to, directed me to the interns album on Look's Facebook page. Social networking pages are for more than just gossiping and uploading embarrassing photographs it would seem.

So much more relaxed after seeing those pictures. The girls look awesome. Not smart office wear, but not too casual. The 70's trend is so on the cards right now! It's my favourite trend of the season and I'm definitely gonna be throwing together some outfits to showcase this!

My favourite item right now is a maxi skirt from River Island which I bought yesterday.


It's such a lovely print, really different to a lot of things out there at the moment, I'm just a little bit in love with it! And with simple colours there are so many possibilities for accessorising.

River Island have some amazing maxi's at the moment. From bright colours, to bold prints and minimalist white theres something for everyone. The eye popping colours are definitely my favourite right now though, so I'm stocking up while I can.

It's getting on so I best start rummaging through my wardrobes and draws to pull together some outfits for this week! So I'm gonna leave you with a few of my faves in the shops right about now, and I'll be back tomorrow to update you on my first day in the glimmering world of fashion. Eeeek :)


I love this Topshop Kimono Dress. Perfect for day or night, dress up with a pair of wedges and some statement gold jewellery, or down with some leggings and tan boots. It's a beaut


This Dahlia playsuit available from Asos is so on trend. Very simple and sophisticated this playsuit is a must have for anyones wardrobe.


I adore these dotty palazzo trousers from New Look! I am definitely going to get these next week and really clash it up with a yellow blouse. Colour blocking is massive at the moment so do it if you dare.


Bold prints are really catching my eye at the moment and this top from Topshop is no exception. Would look lush with a pair of jeans or a plain black maxi. So chic, perfect.


I've already raved in this post about River Island and this skirt is just another gem to add to the collection. Also available in a maxi, this bright coloured skirt is perfect for colour blocking or play it safe with a plain white tee.


I'm a massive fan of big rings, and this oversized pale pink ring from Accessorize is just my style. Statement jewellery is perfect to dress up a simple outfit, and Accessorize have a mass of choices right now, so check them out!


And lastly the shoes that are at the top of my shopping list - these stunners from Topshop. In a beige colour which will match with everything, they are the perfect investment for the summer - I love them!






No comments:

Post a Comment