Pages

Friday 30 March 2012

Miss Selfridge Launches New 'Designed By' Collection...

Usually I'm not one for crazy prints and bold patterns but for some reason I am completely and utterly drawn to the new 'Designed By' collection at Miss Selfridge.

If you want to go all out this spring then this stunning collection is most definitely for you. From a figure flattering pencil skirt, to a floating dress with leather cut out detailing there is a complete variation within the range - you are bound to find something to suit your style. (The latter being my ultimate fave!)

Designed By' is the brand new range from the in-house Miss Selfridge design team that brings the catwalk graphics and mirrored images into the high street for our shopping pleasure. They describe it as "A collection to emulate premium style with bespoke design at its heart" - and boy does it do exactly what it says on the tin!

The beautiful collection uses luxurious fabrics and completely sets itself apart from anything available in the high street right now, including some stunning dresses which you'll want to get your hands on right away! If you love eclectic pieces then you'll fall in love with this entire collection!

Available online now, this 12 piece exclusive range varies from £25 to £90 and I'm just going to quickly talk you through my 3 favourites...

I'm going to start with my number one, all time, ultimate favourite - Designed By Leather Bodice Dress! Retailing at £90 it's a little on the steep side for Miss Selfridge for a dress of this type. However saying that, it's one of very few, not something that you're going to see in every shop window so there's is a feeling of exclusivity here. I'm a huge fan of leather, and I'm loving the cut out detail on this beaut. Like I've said before patterns like this are not usually something that I would go for, but there's just something about this dress that has made me absolutely love it!

I saw this Designed By Bird Print Shirt on one of the girls at my work experience and just thought that it was mesmerising. I love the incredible eclectic print, but the fact that it is centred on the blouse makes it a lot more appealing to me. It would be much too out there if the print was all over, but the black chiffon sleeves tone it down a little and make it so much more wearable. Retailing at £50 it's not too bad, and it will definitely make you stand out from the crowd come day or night.

And last but certainly not least, I love a good maxi dress - and this Designed By Butterfly Maxi Dress is most definitely no exception. It's bang on trend with it's array of pastel colours, subtle print, and tie dye effect. 3 in 1 - Miss Selfridge have hit the nail on the head with this one, any fashionista would love this adorning their wardrobe. I want it big time and the £85 price tag is perfectly achievable - hello next purchase.

3 comments: