Pages

Thursday 10 January 2013

Luscious Locks...

I post a lot about my hair. Dying it all the colours under the sun, moaning about it's inability to grow, but today I actually have something positive to say. I've finally bit the bullet and got myself a beautiful set of bonded extensions.

I love hair extensions, to a certain extent. I love that I can have long hair in 10 minutes just by clipping in a few bits of hair. You can curl them, straighten them, dye them - everything you'd do to your own hair, just a lot longer! But what I hate is how heavy clip ins are. How uncomfortable they are to sleep in. How you have to backcomb your hair so much just to get them to stay in. They're just a full on pain in the arse!

So after months of deliberating and searching round for someone who wasn't going to charge me an arm and a leg, I've finally got some more permanent extensions. They are bonded hair extensions which means that individual strands of hair are applied with a keratin bonding to your own hair, as close to the scalp as can be applied. So unlike a weave, or glue in strips, they are not bad for your hair.


My hair is rather fine so I had 150g put in, for slightly thicker you'd need somewhere in the range of 200g, and the length I've got is 20 inches, though I may trim that down in the next few days as it is just a little too long for me!

After just one day I adore them already, and apparently when they first go in they look the worst. After washing, the bonds soften a tad so aren't as uncomfortable to sleep in, and they volumnise by around 10%. So once we finally get hot water back in our house (gas leak, long story) I can't wait to see how they look! But for now they're pretty sleek and shiny and lovely! I'd recommend to everyone!

Natasha at Luscious Locks 
07920827281 
www.llocks.com

2 comments:

  1. they look gorgeous Lou!! love the colour too, you'd never know they were fake :) were they expensive? x

    http://Heidi-likes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They are very marginally slightly darker than my actual hair but that's just because it fades so fast.

      They were really reasonable actually, £150! xxx

      Delete