Pages

Wednesday 27 February 2013

Fitness Freak...

Now I don't usually do posts like this, I tend to stick to fashion and beauty which I like to think I have a decent amount of knowledge for - mainly due to my fashion degree and my ridiculous shopping addiction. But since deciding for lent that I was going to exercise a minimum of 3 times a week for 30 minutes at a time, I've actually really got into fitness, and managed to get my housemate on board which is just great motivation when I've had a long day at uni and cannot be bothered.

We do the 30 Day Shred two days on and one day off. Mainly because I absolutely hate it, but also because it is pretty strenuous and I'm not working out to lose weight, more so to get toned and be more healthy. See my post from last year on 30 Day Shred here if you want to learn more. 

But for today's post I am looking more at a fitness tutorial that I have been following on YouTube, and I absolutely love it! I want to have a nice toned stomach, bum and legs. My arms are pretty tiny anyway so I don't have any problems with bingo wings and I'm not overweight, so toning is my main priority. We all have those little wobbly bits that we hate, and just after one week after discovering this channel I am really feeling the effects.

The YouTube channel is called XFitDaily and is mainly taught by Rebecca Louise who can be seen in the videos below. Find her on Twitter @themodelpilot There are so so many workout videos to choose from depending on what area of the body you want to work on. Abs, legs, love handles, arms - everything. Or if it's a general work out you want there is body blast, boot camp and so much more. You have so many options, you can compile the best routine to suit your personal preferences. Below are the three videos I have been working on, and I can promise you that they work!






Now, I know that these are both ab routines, but this is the area that I want to work out most. I mean what girl doesn't want a nice flat stomach, especially as it's crop trop crazy everywhere at the moment. I like mixing and matching between the two, just to change it up a bit and keep me interested. The 30 seconds flutter kicks, followed by 30 seconds scissor kicks, followed by 30 seconds bicycle crunches nearly kills me, and it's only now, one week on that I can actually do that section without stopping. It is a killer and you can really feel it working on your abs, and that is what I love. 



So after doing one of the above ab routines, I move onto legs, bums, and tums. These are, for me, the best areas to be working on. I feel this is less intense than the ab workouts so is perfect to do after one of those, though you can still feel the muscles working and that you are actually achieving something. 

All of these exercises are easy to do in the comfort of your own home, you don't need any posh equipment or what not - for the weights I use a can of bolognese sauce! One workout only take 8-10 minutes out of your daily schedule so it's easy to fit in around your lifestyle and I promise that you will be reaping the benefits in just a short few days. It really does work, and you can feel it working. So rather than splashing the cash on the gym, just take some time out to pop onto YouTube and have a look. 


No comments:

Post a Comment