Pages

Saturday 30 March 2013

Creme Egg Brownies...

So as it's Easter tomorrow I thought there was no better time than to post up my little baking experience with the much loved Cadbury's Creme Egg Brownie. I am seeing this recipe everywhere right now, and as a big lover of all this chocolate, especially brownies, then I had to give this a go. My Mum makes THE world's most incredibly gooey, chocolately, generally awesome brownies so I enlisted her help and that of my little sister and let's just say the result was gone in under 24 hours! So enjoy...


You will need:
185g Unsalted Butter
185g Dark Chocolate
85g Plain Flour
40g Cocoa Powder
3 Large Eggs
275g Golden Caster Sugar
6 Creme Eggs




Put chocolate and butter in a bowl and microwave until melted (or do so in a pan if you wish)



Stir until there are no longer any lumps of butter/chocolate



Stir eggs and sugar in a separate bowl and add chocolate mixture




Fold in sieved flour and cocoa powder




Put in a tray and bake for 15 minutes at 160 degrees




Cut Cadburys Creme Eggs in half




After 15 minutes press the creme eggs into the top of the brownie and put back in the oven for a further 5-10 minutes so still gooey in the middle




And here is your finished result - gooey, chocolatey, creme eggy, yumminess! Perfect with a cuppa and a nice alternative to a plain old easter egg. Hopefully my family will enjoy these and a selection of cupcakes tomorrow. 

Hope you are all having a lovely long Easter bank holiday weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh these look amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so delicious but incredibly sickly!

      So easy to make, I definitely recommend you give them a go!

      Delete