Pages

Sunday 7 April 2013

Oreo and Peanut Butter Cupcakes...

I've got another yummy recipe to share with you today - obviously in the form of cake, what else! I spotted this online and just had to try it for myself...



Oreo and Peanut Butter Chocolate Cakes
Now biscuit and cake and peanut butter may seem like a slightly odd combination to you, but I promise you, it just works. If I'm honest I'm not really a big fan of peanut butter. I am partial to the odd peanut butter kit kat chunky so I thought this would be in that kind of league - oh my goodness it is so much better. Particularly enjoyable a few minutes after coming out of the oven, still warm with a cold glass of milk. Perfection. Such an easy recipe, prepped and cooked in 30 minutes, give it a go...




Get yourself some peanut butter, oreos, and cupcake cases. If you want to stack them higher then use bigger muffin cases, or silicone cake trays are even better.



Layer up the peanut butter and oreos. I began with two but soon found out my cake cases weren't quite big enough so opted for just one for the majority. Layer up and place in cake cases.


For the cake mixture weigh out your eggs, and use this amount for your butter and sugar also. Then use 1/4 cocoa powder and 3/4 self raising flour. My eggs weighed 120g so I used 30g cocoa powder and 90g flour.  Mix it all up - one of these mixers is incredible to have in your kitchen. 




Spoon the mixture around the oreos, making sure it gets right down the sides.




Bake in the oven at 180 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the mixture bounces back up when you poke it.




When removed from the casing you shall find your little surprise.




And the end product should look like this. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment