Pages

Wednesday 31 July 2013

Get Those Shades On...

So working round the corner from Oxford Street/Regent Street was only ever going to end up meaning one thing. Shopping. I succumbed the horrendous mounting pressure that hit me everyday during my lunch break, and finally bought something. Just a little something mind you so I am proud of myself for that! 



I picked up these bad boys for a mere £14 (pretty good I thought for Topshop) and they are just perfect! I've had the same pair of sunglasses since I was 17, so 4 years now - these were a long overdue purchase. I just find it a nightmare to find sunglasses that suit me! They can't be too big, too small, too round, too square, they have to be just right - which is just a horrible task to complete. I usually give up after a couple of shops, hence the 4 years!

But these, it was love at first sight! I love the really round sunglasses - very Beatles esque, but they just don't suit me at all. I look like a dodgy character out of a really poor small budget 60s film. It's just not a good look. So this slightly bigger frame and suitable tortoise shell colour suit my face shape and complexion perfectly. Job done. And it only took me 5 minutes! Winner winner! 

I did find it slightly odd buying sunglasses whilst a tropical storm was occurring just outside the doors, but they're all packed in my bag ready for the sweltering heat we are to expect tomorrow. Yay. Hope you're all having a lovely week - only 2 more days to go then it's all over, and if that thought doesn't cheer you up, then the sun sure will do. 


Aaaaaand if even that doesn't work, pop down to your local TGI Fridays and get one of these 'Granny Smith Apple' cocktails (complete with gummy snake) down your throat. Absolute perfection! 



No comments:

Post a Comment