Pages

Saturday 26 February 2011

Music Speaks Where Words Cannot...

I was doing so well at doing a blog post every three days up until recently and now it's slightly going downhill. I had a slight mishap with a hidden laptop incident hence the 6 day gap, but I'm not going to lie I've just been having so much fun with my friends staying this week I haven't even had a chance to get to the computer.

I'm in a proper musical mood right now and actually cannot stop singing, despite the fact that this cold has made me sound like such a bloke I am beginning to rival the masculinity of the boys in my flat right now, hey ho.

I've been listening to a lot of Adele recently, and I actually cannot get over how amazing she is. No matter how often I listen to it 'Hometown Glory' always gives me goosebumps and actually makes me feel really emotional. She seems to have a way of getting across all her feelings through her lyrics and giving that personal touch for all the listeners.

I hate to say it, but as much as I think Cheryl Cole is absolutely stunning and a pretty strong and amazing woman recently, but Adele's version of her song 'Promise This' just totally obliterates the original. It is amazing, definitely the song where if I'm alone in the flat it is being belted out into a hairbrush in front of a mirror. She can take any song and just completely make it her own and I think that's what makes her so popular with the public.

Her recent performance at the Brit Awards of her new single 'Someone Like You' just blew everyone away. Her unique voice and her simple and original performances capture the hearts of so many people and she is such an inspirational singer in this day. She has such talent, there is no need for her to dance across the stage or make a big show, just a piano and her amazing voice and she captivates an audience in one verse.

"There's nothing quite like the feeling when you're listening to a song, written by someone you don't know, who you've never met who somehow manages to describe exactly how you've felt at a particular moment in your life" - James Cordon, The Brit Awards 2011

And he is exactly right. I love how no matter how you're feeling, happy, sad, angry or heartbroken there is always a song that portrays exactly how you're feeling. There are so many lyrics that I have literally fallen in love with in the way that they capture my feelings exactly, many a facebook status has been on some inspirational lyrics I've found.

I don't think there is one single song of Adele's where I couldn't find a line that I couldn't totally relate to. Despite writing a whole blog entry on her I don't think that I could really explain in words how amazing her voice is in a way that would do her complete justice.

She is a completely unique, orginal, mind blowing, goosebump worthy, emotional, beautiful, personal, simply amazing singer and if you haven't heard her music (which if you haven't you must have been living under a rock) check out her Brit performance on YouTube and you will know exactly what I'm talking about.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lou, love the blog!
    Know what you mean about music..

    'Music was my first love
    and it will be my last.
    Music of the future
    and music of the past.

    To live without my music
    would be impossible to do.
    In this world of troubles,
    my music pulls me through..'

    John Miles - Music

    See ylu soon, Uncle M

    ReplyDelete