Pages

Tuesday 28 June 2011

High Street Hottest Babyyy...

So today was the day of the High Street Hottest photoshoot and true to form I got lost on the way again, my sense of direction is bloody rubbish!

But anyway, once I'd got there we all had breakfast together - wow! So so much food, cereal, toast, ham, cheese and i think the biggest fruit bowl I have ever seen in my life. Food played a massive part in today, I was not complaining!

I wasn't really sure what to expect from this shoot. I knew it would be very different to the shoot I had done last week as it was purely a fashion shoot rather than a shoot for an article. We had a total of 9 photographs to shoot which meant lots of clothes to hang and steam - once again I burnt myself. I really am a clutz.

This job has definitely left me skint, I do not know when to stop spending and being surrounded by all these clothes is just temptation in its purest form. Topshop have some beautiful clothes in at the moment - i fell in love with a maxi skirt and paperbag waist shorts which I shall be purchasing in the near future. And some Miss Selfridge heels. And some River Island heels. And some French Connection heels. I think I need to find a better paid job, or a rich man...

But I was definitely right in thinking that this shoot would be very different. We had just one model today, and all the outfits were already picked and sorted with accessories so it was a case of dressing the model, getting the shot and changing into the next outfit. It was very laid back and relaxed, so we got our first two shots and all sat down for lunch which was amazing may I add. I'm getting a taste for pesto pasta. I'm getting a taste for copious amounts of food whilst I've been working at Look. My bank statement from this month is going to be solely formed of clothing stores and food outlets. Poor bank balance.

It was very quick and straight forward getting the shots we were looking for today. As the outfits were chosen that sped everything up and also it really shows how different a shoot is when you have a professional model. Also, shooting in a studio is a hell of a lot easier than on location. You don't have to spend time trying to find the perfect part of the room or angle for the lighting, so much simpler!

Although this shoot was a lot more simple and easy to do, I think I probably prefered the photoshoot I assisted on for the feature that I posted the images of yesterday. I had a bit more freedom and input on the first shoot which made me really think about possibly looking into styling in the future, whereas today I didn't really get any input but that is just the nature of the shoot - it is the clothing that is the best in the highstreet right now so there isn't a lot of leeway.

Saying that, I feel really priveleged to be able to have experienced both different types of photoshoots within just a week at my internship. I've do feel very lucky to have been given the chance to do all these things and to be able to see many different aspects of working within the magazine. I've definitely got a lot to think about for my future and hopefully this experience will give me many more opportunities.

So it's been a pretty good day, definitely for myself if not my debit card and I'm looking forward to seeing the results in the magazine. It will be good to be back in the office with all the girls again tomorrow and catch up on what we've all been up to. But for now I've got some 'Made In Chelsea' to catch up on, who says Tuesday nights have to be boring ;) xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment