Pages

Sunday 26 February 2012

Credit Cards At The Ready...

It's about time I did another post, and what better topic to blog about but shopping. This is a topic in my head, probably around 90% of the time, mainly due to the fact that I have very very VERY little funds in my bank account and subsequently cannot go shopping. Therefore I torment myself and look online at all the things I want and cannot afford. A brilliant idea I think you'll agree...

During my little searches I have decided, 100% that Miss Selfridge is definitely my favourite store right now. It's usually in the top 3 between Urban Outfitters (despite the fact I can afford very little in there), and Topshop - but this week there's no doubt about it's number one poll position. There is something in every single category that I absolutely love - from dresses to leggings, and playsuits to denim there's just something that everyone will fall a little bit in love with.

As well as their normal array of beautiful little items, Miss Selfridge has just launched their 'Project #2' which is a 90's inspired pure British collection. With inspiration being taken from Kate Moss, Liz Hurley, graphic print and a fair amount of denim and studding, there are items for every occasion from festivals to a high class event, all with a fresh modern twist. 

Styling up and modelling this Project for Miss Selfridge is winner of the Best Newcomer Award at the Cosmopolitan Blogger Awards 2011. You can view her blog at whatoliviadid.com
 I definitely could not pull it off, but I adore the colourful aztec print bralet and leggings. Pulling 
 together all the trends of the season - brights, aztec, tight fitting, skin bareing - but with an old school twist on it.
 As you can see on Olivia these shorts look awesome with the LOVE emblem belt. I love Miss Selfridge's shorts anyway, the cut is just brilliant and really flattering to my body shape - and the studding on these bad boys just adds that little bit od quirkyness and differenciates it from everything else out there right now.


Now I'm not going to lie, I think I've fallen a little in love with this piece - actually scrap that, I'm head over heels! It's stunning. I love all the drop hem skirts, the chiffon maxis and the bodice tops right now and this just combines all of those into one sleek, easy to wear and beautiful product. I need to get my bank balance in check and get myself this piece of candy right now!

To view the rest of the items in Miss Selfridge's Project #2 go to http://www.missselfridge.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CatalogNavigationSearchResultCmd?catalogId=33055&storeId=12554&langId=-1&viewAllFlag=false&categoryId=435032&interstitial=true - but beware, have your credit card at the ready, because theres lots of things you're going to want in your hands immediately!

But like I said, Miss Selfridge is my number one go to store right now, and it isn't just down to their new project. The rest of their stock is simply stunning, brilliant quality and at a cheaper price tag than it's competitor Topshop - what's not to like! So last, but certainly not least I shall leave you with a few of my favourite bits and let you make your own minds up...

Leather Bodice Printed Dress, £120



 Feather Print Playsuit, £37

  Blush Cowl Neck Jumpsuit, £45



 Multi Strap Body, £22



Petite 70s Rock Star Vest,  £24



 Lavender Ultra Soft Super Skinny Jeans, £36



 Navy Quilted Jacket, £55




Stone Seam Detail PU Biker, £52
 Hysteria Coral Platform Heel, £65

Hex Pink Snake Sling Back, £58


All items are now available at www.missselfridge.com


No comments:

Post a Comment