Pages

Monday 5 March 2012

Pretty in Pastels...

Anyone who knows anything about fashion knows the pastel colours are the beaut new trend of Spring/Summer this year. Let's be honest, even if you don't know a lot about fashion, you'll know about this bad boy! With every single clothing store window adorning their displays with pretty pinks and lovely lavenders, it's hard to miss really.

In my eyes, possibly the best item of clothing in this gorgeous colour palette is a nice pair of skinny jeans. With a casual tee for the day time, and a nice blouse or bralet for the evening, they are just so easy wear and you'll definitely get your moneys worth. Coloured jeans have been in for a while, but the new pastel shades are so much nicer on the eye and easy to team up with other colours - so much more so than the garish pinks and startly pea greens. No, not a fan. Pastel shades are so much more up my street.

Topshop MOTO High Waist Peppermint Jamie Jeans, £40
 My absolute favourite jeans of the whole lot - a beaut colour, and Topshop jeans are always a really flattering fit. Next Payday these bad boys are going straight in my online shopping basket. Plus I think they'd go beautifully with my gold metallic scallop edge top from River Island.

 Miss Selfridge Lavender Ultra Soft Super Skinny Jeans, £36
These are literally the softest pair of jeans I've ever felt in my life. When it comes to clothes I've generally felt lavender is a bit more of a grandma's colour palette choice. However, these have completely changed my mind, and teamed up with a grey tee they look awesome!


 New Look Purple Zip Pocket Skinny Jeans, £22.99
Pretty similar to the Miss Selfridge ones but a little more affordable for the likes of a student like myself. I really like the zip detail also, and again like Topshop, these are are a really nice shape.

 New Look Mint Green Coloured Skinny Jeans, £16.99
I think these jeans are really cute. Not quite as dark a shade as the Topshop, but still a lovely peppermint tone. Such a bargain price aswell, can't really pass these ones up.

  River Island Light Pink Super Skinny Jeans, £20 (usually £40)
I'm not your typical girly girl, I don;t think there is one single pink item of clothing in my entire wardrobe but for some reason I am completely drawn to these jeans. Maybe it's the 50% off price tag, i do love a bargain - but there is just something about them. I like the little turn up detail at the bottom, they'd look really cute with my studded Topshop slippers. Hmmmm... bank balance how you feeling right now!?

And it's not just the jeans that are rocking out the pastel colours, we've got blouses, skirts, playsuits, dresses and god knows every other clothing item available to women. So here are a few of my favourites...


Topshop Pleat Scallop Cropped Shell Top, £28
Topshop Bow Sleeve Blouse, £36
 

Miss Selfridge Nude Mesh Mini Skirt, £32



 River Island Pink Metallic Scallop Edge Top, £30



ASOS Lemon Lace Bow Playsuit, £22.50 (Usually £45)


ASOS Petite Exclusive Lavender Lace Puffball Dress, £22.50 (Usually £45)

Head out to your nearest shopping mall NOW to get your favourites for this seasons top trend. Selling out extremely fast on facebook and in short supply in the stores, these gorgeous little bits will not be around for long, so grab them whilst you still can!

No comments:

Post a Comment