Pages

Saturday 10 March 2012

The Top Shop for Make-Up...

I'm definitely a big lover of make up - high street or designer. But let's not lie everyone loves a bargain - and that's exactly what you get with the Topshop make-up range. So rather than ramble on I'll get straight to it and talk you through my faves from what's on offer.

Now, if you're a frequent reader of my blog, you will know I ADORE my red lipstick. Bright red, deep red - every single possible type of red lipstick, I'm happy. This however, is right up there in my top 3, after Chanel and Estee Lauder - and let's face it, they're pretty stiff competition. This Topshop lippy has definitely overtaken MAC in the beauty stakes. It's really moisturising and looks lovely and matte. And at only £8 it comes in a fair bit cheaper than rival MAC at £13.50. If you haven't already, I'd really recommend going out and trying a Topshop lipstick, such value for money and really long lasting. With a huge range of colours, you're bound to find something you love!

I think I may have fallen a little bit in love with this eye crayon in 'whisper'. What an absolutely stunning colour! Gold is such a beautiful shade for a night out, but it's not such a bold gold that it is too heavy for the daytime. A really creamy shadow and liner, cover your whole lid or just line the edges - anything goes with this bad boy. Brilliant to add a bit of shimmer to your everyday make-up, really creamy and has great staying power. At only £7.50 I'm hoping a few more shades are created to fill up my beauty bag!

Now, I'm not a massive nail varnish fan. After biting my nails up until about 13 years old my nails are absolutely rubbish and barely seem to grow at all before they snap off. (Serves me right) But boy is this varnish amazing!!! It's beautiful! In one coat you'll get a nice little shimmer, which looks stunning even on my tiny nails, but in two coats your sparkling ready for a night out on the tiles - I love it. Not only that, I hate nail varnish that is a right pain to get off. Despite the fact that after wearing this varnish for 5 days and barely chipping any off at all, the beauty of this is that you just need to get your nail underneath the layer of varnish and pull it right off in one go. As quick and easy as that. Brilliant. I also really like how they've all got cute little names, so much nicer than a number and definitely easier to remember. This little beaut is called 'Ice Crush' and is available right now at the tiny little price of £6. I'm so stocking up on these cus I'm sure they're going to fly off the shelves!

Now this one isn't exactly a review as I haven't tried it but I thought I'd include it. I've been such a fan of all the other Topshop make-up items that I've tried so I'm thinking this little pot might be a good buy. I've been meaning to try gel eye liner for a while now but never actually looked into one that is reviewed well. If anyone has tried this one and wants to let me know what they think of it then please do! I'm a bit samey samey with my make-up - powder, bit of blush, mascara and red lippy, I don't tend to stray from that so I think some gel eyeliner is a safe addition to that collection. We shall see, and maybe I'll include a review when I get my arse out of bed and down to Topshop - no doubt buying much more than I intended!


And finally, the recently released 'Sisters of the New Moon' collection. Firstly, I'm loving the packaging. I like that Topshop have cute little designs on their make-up items, really sets them apart from anything else out there and definitely makes my beauty bag look that little bit more interesting! There are nine items in the collection, available online right now including; a lipstick in 'Crystal' (sparkling pink) and in 'Charmed' (a lovely pale orange colour), four nail varnishes (in a range of beautiful metallic colours), a mascara, an eyeliner pen (again something I need to try!) and lastly a set of temporary nail tattoos. 

I wanted to include an image of these so you can see for yourselves. I won't lie, I wouldn't say that I'm a nail tattoo kind of girl, and I'm not a huge fan of them looking at them in the above image. However, my friend had these on the other day with white nail varnish (again something I wouldn't normally go for), but man they looked so cool. They're really sweet, and they blend in really really well, almost as though they've been painted on - definitely not cheap and tacky which I generally associate with false tattoos. At £7 I think I might give them a go - I wouldn't mind trying them with a really bold colour such as red or purple and see how they turn out. We shall see...

Hope this post has given you all a little inspiration to pop along to Topshop, or stay in your bed and simply view it online. It's a pretty big range so there's sure to be something to suit your fancy, and at such low prices it won't break the bank!

2 comments:

  1. The new lipsticks adapt to your skins pH and create a unique colour, how cool is that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit I've never tried Topshop makeup (I know, shame on me)but very tempted after reading your post, thanks X

    lazy2lovely.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete