Pages

Thursday 26 April 2012

Armani and Gaga: A Match Made in Heaven

Originally I wrote this post for Gossipdrip, but I was so captivated by the idea that I wanted to change it a little and write something up on here too.

Now if you're a regular reader of my blog then you'll know I'm definitely a high street kind of girl. Any bargain that I can get I'll be on it. Don't get me wrong I love a good old couture gown to drop my jaw to the floor, but as a student and therefore constantly having the battle of wanting new clothes, but not wanting to hit my overdraft, I tend to stick to the high street for my blog.

However, this bad boy just could not be missed out. Giorgio Armani has recently announced that he is going to be designing the tour wardrobe for the one and only, Miss Lady Gaga! Now I don't know about you lot, but I have a feeling that this is going to be absolutely incredible!




The world renown designer will be creating a number of theatrical looks for Gaga’s up and coming Born This Way Ball tour which begins in Seoul on April 27th, and comes to the UK on the 8th September.

The designs include PVC, metal studs, thigh high boots, a hell of a lot of swavoski crystals, and of course saving the best ’til last – a keyboard shaped hat! As well as being a musical extravaganza, it looks like it is going to be a fashion event not to be missed!


Let’s not forget that this is not the first time that we have seen an Armani and Gaga collaboration. Lets go back to the 2010 Grammy Awards when Gaga graced us all in a series of fabulous futuristic and totally out there outfits, courtesy of Mr Armani himself. One of my favourites being the incredible custom made Armani prive glitter gown as shown above.

I'm sure you will agree that he has completely outdone himself on this tour involvement. I have no doubt whatsoever that it is going to be spectacular, if not a little bit crazy - which if you ask me, is the perfect combination!

No comments:

Post a Comment