Pages

Tuesday 30 October 2012

I love you New York...

After all the horrific destruction that hurricane Sandy is causing, I have been looking through all my photos from my New York trip last December and thought that I would share my favourites with you lovely people. 

After only 4 days being spent there, I'd already decided that it was my favourite place in the world - I WILL end up there one day! All the hustle and bustle, the bright lights and the incredible skyline, I just love every single bit of it. There's always something to do and something to see, and the most amazing food to eat. I cannot wait to go back, my 21st really cannot come quick enough!!! But less of the talk and more of the pictures...










So yeh, we had our picture up on this hugeeeeee billboard in Times Square!!! Pretty damn cool aye. All we had to do was buy something from American Eagle and then 5 minutes later on the billboard of their building for all to see. Amazing. 15 seconds of fame in the Big Apple.

Me and my lovely friend Danni with the REAL Father Christmas in Santa's grotto in Macy's - sooooo worth the hour we spent queuing up to see him. Such a cutie, AAAAND we got a hug! 

Me and the girls in front of the famous, absolutely massive tree, at the ice rink at Rockafella Center. It is absolutely mad there in the evenings, you literally cannot move, and people were queuing up for up to 3 hours to get onto the rink. But it was just beautiful - everything lit up and all the decorations, definitely the best place to be at Christmas hands down!

Times Square babyyy. I think we visited this place every single day of our stay, there were just so many shops to visit, and sights to see, we really do have nothing quite like this in the UK. The shops stayed open til gone midnight which was brilliant for a spot of shopping after dinner - Forever 21 in particular was a favourite for us all, such bargains. But the real winner was a toss up between the Disney Store and the M&M store. I could've spent a good couple of hours, and hundred dollars in those bad boys. Ever the shopaholic.

I was so excited to see the new structure for the World Trade Center. I find all the 9/11 events absolutely fascinating and everything about it really interests me. So visiting ground zero and hearing all the stories was a real highlight for my trip. The new buildings are amazing, and I love that they are being built back up to fill the skyline once again and show the terrorists that America will not be beaten. The materials used reflect the other buildings and the surroundings, and I just know that they are going to be beautiful when they are finished, and I cannot wait to go back and visit when that time arrives!

The water pools as well were amazing. Every single name of those people lost in the tragedy adorned the outside of the pools, and people were putting their hands under the plaques, taking a handful of water and wiping it over the name of their loved one. I love that it is so tranquil and peaceful, it is just a beautiful tribute.

Of course, it wouldn't be a visit to New York without seeing the woman of the city - only lady Liberty herself. It's not the best picture ever as the night was setting in and my blackberry camera isn't the best but you get the jist. We just went past on the ferry, we didn't go onto Staten Island itself, but personally I feel that's the best idea anyway. You can't go up the statue anymore, so seeing it from a distance you get the best view possible. I'd love to go back at sunrise and see her then, maybe this time with a decent camera!

Ah, the INCREDIBLE view from the viewing platform at the Empire State Building. I have never seen anything quite like this! You can literally see everything, it's amazing. The Chrysler building, all the lights, pretty much the whole of Manhattan  I loved it, it's so beautiful at night. I never got a chance to go in the daytime and see it then but again, at sunrise I bet it looks every bit as stunning. Ah God just writing this post makes me want to go back right now, these next 8 months really need to fly by!

And finally, me and Kat, with the slightly less realistic looking Father Christmas, ice skating at Rockafella center. We were such big kids this day, literally everyone else having their picture taken with him was no older than 9 or 10, and there we were, front of the queue. We were actually pretty damn ace at the skating too, not falling over once - I was rather impressed if I do say so myself. 

I loved every single aspect of this trip, and I could definitely see myself making a life out there in New York. But first things first my 21st birthday trip to America - first stop, New York City. So here's praying the hurricane Sandy takes it easy, and New York remains the beautiful city that it is right now. I love you New York. 



No comments:

Post a Comment