Pages

Sunday 18 November 2012

Dresses to Impress...

I'm one of those girls who absolutely hates wearing the same thing on a night out twice. I tend to buy things and then never wear them again, consequently having a wardrobe full of dresses that are in perfect condition but not a lot of purpose. I can never bring myself to throw anything away though. I always think I'll get rid of it and then the next month I will really need it, it's always the way.

This being said, me and my girls at uni are having a couple of nights out next week to celebrate the fact that we've all got a decent chunk of our uni work out the way -  and that definitely deserves a few jagerbombs! So after a couple of hours of scouring the internet I thought I'd share with you a few of my favourites - all reasonably priced I must add as I am still meant to be not spending any money. Oops. Ah well, needs must...

From Top Left to Bottom Right:

High Neck Bodycon Dress - Missguided, £9.99 (Available Online Now)
Lace Back Playsuit - Miss Selfridge - £37 (Available Online Now)
High Neck Hounds Tooth Midi Dress - Missguided, £12.99 (Available Online Now)
Letter Print Bodycon Midi Dress - Topshop, £32 (Available Online Now)
Skull Print Midi Dress - Boohoo, £15 (Available Online Now)

I don't normally go for high neck dresses, but they seem to be all the rage at the moment so I thought I'd give it a go, and at £9.99 it's not exactly breaking the bank to do so. I thought I'd get it in a relatively easy to mix and match colour - black is so boring now I wanted something a little different so navy seems ideal. Plus I reckon it will look pretty cool with my hair colour at the moment. Like the picture I would team it up with a gold spike necklace, and my JC's. Simple but oh so effective.

I bloody love cut out dresses and playsuits, and after purchasing a similar lace cut out playsuit from Topshop not that long ago, I have to give this one a go. It is a little more than I was hoping to spend but I think it will be easy to mix and match with different accessories so hopefully I will wear it more than just the once. I'm thinking red shoes and red lips to begin with. Standard. 

You will notice that the last 3 dresses are all midi dresses. Now I'm just not sure about them in the sense that I'm not entirely convinced I can pull them off. I'm not the tallest of people, 5ft 5 - but with a killer pair of heels I'm thinking it may well work so I thought I'd look into them.

Everyone seems to be wearing hounds tooth at the moment, whether it be a jacket, bodycon skirt, or dress - it seems to be absolutely everywhere. This is such a bargain at £12.99 I can't really find a reason not to buy it. The letter print bodycon from Topshop just caught my eye. I've mentioned on several occasions that I just love the way Topshop bodycon fits my figure so I think this would be really flattering. And lastly, the skull print is my absolute favourite! I loveeeee skulls on clothing at the moment, whether that be embellishment or just a print, I have to have them. With my JC's this will look so so fierce, I need it in my life!

What do you think girls, are you a fan? Or have you found anything particularly beaut for the upcoming party season? 

No comments:

Post a Comment