Pages

Monday 31 December 2012

Outfits of the Year...

 I love looking at people's outfit ensembles, and seeing how people put together items in a completely different way to how I would. Let's face it, with fashion being as ever changing and easily accessible as it is, everyone is wearing the same trends - just putting there own little twist on it. That is why i LOVE blogs that focus on WIWT/OOTD - an old favourite Heidi at Heidi-Likes and a more recent addition Gemma at What's In Her Wardrobe. The latter being the one who inspired this post (LOVE the nude skirt and blouse combo!)

I've seen a fair few of my fellow bloggers doing these 'Favourite Outfits of the Year' post and seeing as it's nearly 1am on NYE and I am wide awake, I may as well give it a shot. I used to just tend to throw jeans and a tee on during the daytime, keeping it comfortable and casual - but as of recent I am trying to make a little more effort in my appearance and trying things that I wouldn't necessarily try, fashionwise. I found this gorgeous lime green jumper in Topshop and think it would go amazing with my black skater skirt - though I fear the plum/cherry colour of my hair may ruin the whole effect slightly and just end up clashing completely! Thoughts? But anyway, yes, before I go off on a tangent - making more effort. I don't mean go crazy; wear my extensions every day, full face of make up, the whole shebang - but maybe just popping some heeled boots on with jeans instead of my UGGS, or a skirt and tights instead of leggings. You get the jist - just less ordinary and boring.

But as for my favourite outfits from this year. As it's 2012, I'm going to keep it simple and stick with my 12 faves. A combination of photographs from WIWT/OOTD posts on here, nights out, and just random vain snaps. Bye 2012 and your comfortable fashion, hello 2013 and Louise's new wardrobe (sorry bank balance)...

 Playsuit - Topshop
I bought this beaut for my friend's birthday night out, and I absolutely adore it. I love cut outs and dresses/playsuits that are a little different so this fits the bill perfectly!


Dress - Internacionale
I know it's not really a proper 'outfit', but I bloody love fancy dress, and my rag doll halloween ensemble was up there with my favourites. Not exactly original, but I don't dig the scary look too much, cutesy with some fake blood is more my style. Complete with beheaded teddy bear.



Top - Topshop
I bought this as a slight impulse buy before my holiday as something just to shove over a bikini. For some stupid reason I have no other pictures, but this cute cami comes up a tad short so is amazing with high waisted shorts/skirts/jeans. The print is just crazy, out there and I adore it. Plus it sets off my hair so nicely!


Dress - Topshop
This dress is probably my favourite dress in my wardrobe. Come day or night, it is easy to throw on and adapt to whatever the event may be. I love it with my tights and tassled boots with a leather jacket - definitely got my eye on a RI leather studded gilet to put together with this for slightly warmer spring days!


Top - Topshop
Trousers - New Look
I originally bought these trousers for my summer days of interning at LOOK magazine for a good old smart casual outfit, but in fact they ended up getting worn the majority of the summer. As they are pretty bold I tend to stick to a plain white top, preferably in crop form; but I just love them. A bit different, but still safe. 


Top - Boohoo
Disco Pants - River Island
Disco Pants have become a HUGE trend this year, with anyone who is anyone sporting them. Black, blue, red, grey; pretty much every colour of the rainbow. I stuck to black and I swear I live in them, I can't remember the last time I wore jeans. They are so comfortable, and ridiculously flattering, my only problem is I need more pairs!


Top - Primark
Skirt - New Look
No it's not a dress - I wish it was, cus this ensemble is awesome. Peplum has definitely become one of my favourite trends this year - so flattering, and this one in particular is such lovely material, so wouldn't know it was a Primark bargain if I hadn't said!


Dress - Missguided
Nan's 70th - had to get a pretty dress! Coincidentally I ended up going to the hospital in it as my Mum went into labour on exactly the same day, I looked slightly overdressed to say the least. But cut out = good, drop hem = good, any colour other than black or white = GOOD.


Top - Topshop
Shorts - Topshop
High Tops - River Island
I was lusting after these shorts in the ice blue colour for ages, and they just seemed to sell out instantly when they hit the website; but I managed to pick these up in the sale for the bargain price of £12! I love the cut, long enough to cover your bum, but still plenty of leg. The only issue is colour matching - white is really the only option. The high tops - FAVOURITE PURCHASE OF THE YEAR! I've worn them so much they are definitely more grey than white now. Need more. Now. 


Tunic - Topshop
I saw this on a fellow bloggers site and had to have it! I love wearing red but it makes it a little difficult with my hair colour, so the breakup here is brilliant. I have to wear it with a belt though as it is a tad on the large side. Cute though. Perfect for the summer.


Top - Topshop
Leggings - Topshop
Jeeeez I had no idea how much of my wardrobe was from Topshop until I did this post, I always thought I was more filled with Missguided items. Oops. But this top was purchased in my galaxy print obsession. The low cut sides are my favourite aspect, it's general casual and laid back look is what made it appeal so much to me. Easy.


Dress - Boohoo
I took the dive and risked it with a midi, and boy am I glad I did. Considering I'm only 5ft5 I somehow seem to manage to not look at all cut off with the length dress. Baffles me, but it looks awesome. I have since bought several midi items, all of which I love. So thank you Boohoo for introducing this beaut to my life!

So there you have it ladies and gentlemen, my favourite outfits of 2012. Please please PLEASE link me either by comment on here, or on my twitter (@loutan92) to your posts as like I said I love to see people pictures and indeed find new blogs. Have a lovely New Years Eve all my lovely followers, and thank you for helping me get Fluttering Lashes a nice few views; heres to the next 24,000! 

Lots of Love xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment