Pages

Sunday 2 December 2012

Winter Shopping Wonderland...

So December has arrived. Elf can finally grace my television screen after almost a year away, christmas songs can regain their place upon my iPhone, and we can all wear Christmas jumpers as much as we want without fear of judgement. It's a brilliant time for all. 

I absolutely love winter! Christmas time with the family, winter fashion, sometimes a wee bit of snow, lovely Christmasy German markets and all the pretty lights and decorations everywhere. What's not to love!? Other than the horrendously cold weather and having to de ice my car twice a day, I can't really complain. So whilst browsing on the internet and trying not to spend any of my money (always a mission) I found my necessities to get through winter. I didn't spend any money though, honest...



Clockwise from the cute little rabbit...


When I came home from work the other day my Mum being the cutie that she is had but a microwaveable bean bag kind of hot water bottle but without the water type thing in my bed, and it's 10000000x better than a hot water bottle. Lovely and warm, and doesn't burn your tootsies if you don't have it wrapped up in a pillowcase! So when I saw this little teddy microwaveable contraption I had to have it. I'm gonna absolutely love life when this arrives to keep my nice and cosy through the upcoming freezing cold nights.

I love tea. Especially in winter when it's horrible weather outside and you're snuggled up on the sofa watching a good film with your cuppa in hand. I have to drink it out of Cath Kidston mugs - borderline buckets. So much tea in my life. Milk and 2 sugars. Yum.

If their is one place on my body that gets cold other than my feet, it's my ears. I absolutely hate walking to uni with my hair blowing about everywhere and my ears just feeling like little icicles hanging from my head. So these are a nice cute way of preventing that from happening. They do have these ear muffs in a burgundy which ideally would be my first choice, but may look a bit silly with an almost identical hair colour so I went for navy instead. Despite how it may look in the picture, the bow is positioned slightly to the side, so kind of doubles up as a hair accessory too. Nicer than just a massive strip of fur in the middle of your head I'm sure you'll agree.

I have so little to say about my UGG boots. Fluffy, warm, comfy, cosy, amazing. Done.

I absolutely hate it when my lips go all chapped, and it is a million times worse with all this freezing weather. Vaseline is brilliant because it is just so so long lasting. I am a huge fan of burts bees, but for everyday vaseline is a nice cheap option and keeps my lips nice and smooth. I wonder if this new limited edition actually tastes like pink champagne...hmm...

Another thing the weather ruins is your hair. After all the dying and backcombing and extension wearing I think it's fair to say that my hair isn't in the best condition as it is, so anything I can do to keep it as soft and manageable as possible is a must! This stuff is great, as I'm sure the majority of you will already be aware. 3 minutes, and tangles are gone and your hair is just left feeling incredibly smooth, like you've just walked out a salon. Plus it smells incredible. I swear by it!

And lastly, what is a winter wardrobe without a new addition of gloves!? This quilted pair are perfect! As I've already mentioned, de icing my car is the winter bane of my life, so a pair that will keep my hands warm AND dry is always going to be a winner. At £22 they're a little more than I'd hope to pay for gloves, but I think they are definitely a worthwhile investment!

What are your winter must haves girls? There must be something I forgot...



No comments:

Post a Comment