Pages

Monday 21 January 2013

Have a Beautiful 2013...

For once in my life I've actually been majorly productive in terms of uni work today. I've done a ridiculous amount of mind maps, set up a tumblr account (hate it), done my to-do list (always a must), done so much research that my brain is just filled with images of wedding dresses right now, and I just cannot wait to start. 

If the whole wedding thing seems a bit odd, i just love them. I love weddings. I love the planning, the dresses, the ceremony - EVERYTHING! I work at weddings at my part time job, so writing about them seems the logical direction to move in seeing as I am hoping to be a journalist and appear to be destined to be single forever. 

So yeah, Final Major Project finally underway; and as for my blog post for today I thought I'd show you my beauty must haves for January. As a large part of my FMP is beauty, I've been scouring the internet for the best products as rated by bloggers and critics and it turns out a hell of a lot of the stuff they recommended I've got stashed in my cupboards, as I'm sure many of you have. But here goes, lets see if you all agree...



Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat/Burts Bees Lip Balm/Lancome La Vie Est Belle/The Body Shop Banana Conditioner/Girlz Only Dry Shampoo/Tangle Teezer/Sally Hansen Miracle Cure/The Body Shop BB Cream/Rimmel Lash Accelerator/Cloud Nine Hair Straighteners/Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish/Moroccan Oil/Elizabeth Arden Pure Finish Mineral Powder/Estee Lauder Pure Colour/Elizabeth Arden Powder Brush

So in as quick a summary as I can without fully going into detail about how I love each and every one of these products here goes nothing: 

Touche Eclat - you will never find a concealer/highlighter that does the job like this bad boy. Burts Bees is the only lip balm I've ever used that actually helps to repair your lips rather than vaseline that is just temporary relief. La vie est belle is the most beautiful, delicate fragrance which makes it absolutely perfect for everyday wear. Banana conditioner - heaven in a tub; silky smooth, extremely manageable and yummy smelling hair for £4.50, YES! Only blogged about this dry shampoo yesterday, but in my opinion miles better than batiste and half the price. I could not live without my tangle teezer. The only product that can get through my hair without snagging and pulling, and it's even good on wet hair, a must have for all! My nails are so brittle after years of biting but this Sally Hansen polish actually appears to be working and helping them grow, a lot of love for this. 

BB cream - revolutionary, never will I go back to wearing heavy foundation when I can get such good coverage with a natural and lasting finish from a product that is actually good for my skin. I'm not a really designer girl when it comes to make up, and this Rimmel mascara shows why you don't need designer products to get amazing results. My lashes are voluptuous, full and so so long, I may change up my other mascaras but this one is a constant in my make up bag. Cloud nine hair straighteners - from the makers of GHD, though with a temperature gauge and ceramic plates these glide through hair like no other - and at the same price as it's direct competitor there is no choice really! Liz Earle is raved about globally so we all know this product is incredible - perfect skin here I come. Moroccan Oil again, world renown, no words can explain what this product does to ones hair. For heavier coverage I go straight to my Elizabeth Arden powder, soft on sensitive skin but build able for heavy coverage, ideal for nights out. Estee Lauder lipstick has such staying power without actually drying out your lipstick which is obviously what every girl looks for when it comes to a good lippy, this brand is always my go to. And finally the brush. I will never use another. I'm yet to find one that comes anything close to the results of this one, so I won't bother. It's incredible.

I hope you agree with my picks, but if there are any products that you think simply have become a must have in the past year then please comment, I'm always on the look out for more bits and bobs to stack my cupboards full with...

No comments:

Post a Comment