Pages

Tuesday 15 January 2013

Les Miserables Smashes It...

So after months and months of waiting, and watching the musical online way too many times than is probably healthy, I FINALLY went to see Les Miserables at the cinema on Sunday night - and man did it live up to my expectations. It was bloody incredible!!! 


The film with an amazing filled cast including Hugh Jackman, Russell Crowe, Anne Hathaway, Amanda Seyfried, Eddie Redmayne, Samantha Barks, Sacha Baron Cohen, Helena Bonham Carter (need I go on), made £8.1 million in it's debut weekend, and has won three golden globes, nominated for 9 BAFTAS, and 8 Academy Awards. All sounds pretty incredible huh!

For those of you who don't know the story, and if you don't then you must have been living under a rock, the basis is set in 19th century France and follows a 'criminal' on the run, a couple falling in love, and a girl who never gets the guy she wants. It all just works together very well together, and the singing. Man the singing. I never ever knew that Anne Hathaway had such an amazing voice, I really cannot stop singing 'I Dreamed a Dream'. Despite only being on screen for 15 minutes throughout the entire film, she possibly had the most impact out of the whole cast. The raw emotion she put into her character gave me goosebumps, and the fact she lost 25lbs to play poor Fantine, and had her hair hacked off during live filming just shows her dedication as an actress and to such a high profile role.

As well as Miss Hathaway, Sacha Baron Cohen was spot on for me. He was absolutely bloody hilarious, so much so that I was crying with laughter - and that was not something I was expecting when walking into the screening. Matt Lucas played the role in the musical I saw and was brilliant, but Sacha was just something else! A brilliant cast, and an incredible show: I found it almost impossible to not sing along whilst watching, and I will definitely have to go and see it again before it finishes showing. Now bring on my 21st when I can go and see the show in London...

Check out this trailer if you haven't yet been to see the movie, and I promise you you will be racing to your nearest cinema to get tickets. Even if you're not a musical enthusiast I can almost guarantee you will still adore it. Incredible casting, incredible acting, incredible singing, incredible filming. Just all round incredible!


No comments:

Post a Comment