Pages

Monday 14 January 2013

The Best of the Golden Globes...

So along with half the fashion world I would imagine, I was keeping up with all the beautiful gowns from the Golden Globes last night. In my mind, the dresses are so much more important than the awards themselves. I'm sure that is not entirely correct, but just watching all the stunning women and wishing I had such an event to go to, to wear such a pretty dress is pretty much how I feel for the entire show. There were a few crazy choices and fashion faux pas for want of a better word, but I am going to leave those out and just focus on the god damn gorgeous ones - of which their were plenty.

The style adopted by most seemed to be pretty simple and understated - a lot of nudes and whites, simple strapless cuts, and very little jewellery. A look I definitely prefer, to the bold and outrageous that we have seen in previous years. My top three have to be Isla Fisher, Miranda Kerr (major girl crush), and Megan Fox! I want all of their gowns - a bit too dressy for a graduation ball? Obviously it's well within my price range...



Isla Fisher in an incredible Reem Acra glittering sheer neckline gown. Glitzing up an otherwise very simple dress, and just making it look incredible. 


Miranda Kerr - possibly THE most beautiful woman in the world, going against the plain and nude and standing out in crimson! Absolutely astoundingly gorgeous.


Megan Fox in Dolce and Gabbana - less than 4 months after giving birth to her son, how incredible does her figure look. All women over the world looking on in utter jealousy I'm sure!



Jessica Alba in a peach Oscar De La Renta



Amy Adams in Marchesa


Naomi Watts in Zac Posen




Heidi Klum (can't seem to find who this beautiful gown is by. Anyone?)



Jennifer Garner in Vivienne Westwood Couture



Kate Hudson in the one and only Alexander McQueen



Anne Hathaway in Chanel



Michelle Dockery in Alexander Vauthier


Lea Michele in Ellie Saab


Amanda Seyfried in Givenchy


Rosie Huntingdon Whiteley in Yves Saint Laurent


Hayden Panettiere in Roberto Cavalli


Katharine McPhee in Theysken's Theory

So there we go, my best of the best gowns from GG 2013. Would you agree? Do you think I have missed anyone out? Or is there anyone you completely disagree with?

No comments:

Post a Comment