Pages

Tuesday 12 February 2013

40 Days of Willpower...

I was planning on doing a little pancake day post today, with some scrummy looking pictures and whatnot. However I am yet to get out of bed, I've got people coming round to view my house at 3pm, and none of my housemates are here to cook for. So I'll do a little swippy swappy and do tomorrow's post today, and vice versa.

So lent. It all starts tomorrow. The one time of year where I seem to be able to have some willpower and stick to what I say I will do. I'm not overly religious, but I've done lent ever since I was about 10 when I gave up chocolate for the entire six weeks, and as a reward my Mum bought me a HUGE bar of dairy milk - brilliant aye! Though now I try to do a mixture of giving things up, and doing things that are good for me. This years list is as follows:

1. No Takeaways or Fast Food (This excludes meals out for family birthdays)
I am much too addicted to takeaways - chinese in particular, to the point where I'm having one a week. This is ridiculously bad for both my health and my bank balance, so six weeks off will be a much needed break!


2. No Crisps
Most years I've been giving up chocolate, when I don't actually eat that much of it and instead gorge way too much on crisps. So the crisps are gone. I'm gonna attempt to snack on fruit instead, though this isn't a lent rule as I know I won't manage to eat some everyday.

3. Drink 1.5 litres of water a day
I drink so much ice tea, and fruit juice which I end up thinking is good but really is ridiculously high in sugar. I always try to drink water but it's just so tasteless. I'm hoping that drinking 1.5 litres a day will not only make me feel healthier, but also make my skin a bit better, which is always well received.

4. Do 30 minutes of exercise, three times a week
You ever had one of those days when you just feel like you've put on weight, and every single item of clothing you put on just looks crap? Well, I've had that all weekend, so this was added on to the lent list. 30 minutes three times a week is easily achievable, from going out for a run or just sticking on my 30 Day Shred DVD. I don't have time to be a regular gym attendee, so this should get me back into regular exercising which I used to love.

Are any of you giving up anything for lent? Those who are, enjoy your last day of gorging - I plan to eat a ridiculous amount of pancakes this evening in preparation. Tune in tomorrow for my pancake pictures post. Triple P. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment