Pages

Wednesday 13 February 2013

Yay Pancakes...

So we all know it was pancake day yesterday, and I for one am a big fan! I've no idea why we seem to forget that pancakes exist for the entire remainder of the year - they're so bloody good, why don't we have them for breakfast every week!?! 

I was fully prepared with all my ingredients and yummy fillings. I can't stand using the packet mixes, it's just so much more fun making from scratch and it's easy peasy! I'm such a child when it comes to baking, i get in such a mess and make an absolute state of the kitchen - and that is exactly how it should be. So here were the results of yesterdays fun filled afternoon...


For my recipe I followed the brilliant Delia Smith Recipe - 110g plain flour, 200ml milk mixed with 75ml of water, 2 eggs, and 2 tablespoons of melted butter. Easy. 


I'm usually more of a plain lemon and sugar kind of girl, though thought I'd mix it up with a bit of banana and nutella (convincing myself this is healthy because it contains fruit)


The first one didn't exactly go to plan.


Standard lemon and sugar.



The second attempt was marginally better


YUMMY!!!!!

I am totally converted. The nutella and banana was absolutely incredible! I wish I'd bought strawberries and ice cream to have as well - definitely one to try in the very near future. I refuse to only have pancakes on pancake day only. From now on, I am going to make myself have a batch of pancakes once a month, every month. YUM! And I've still got a whole batch of batter left for this afternoon, possibly the best form of procrastination from this uni work.

What fillings did you girls all go for this pancake day? I want to see some wild and wonderful ones, I'm feeling hungry...

1 comment: