Pages

Saturday 2 February 2013

January Empties...

I seem to actually have got a fair few empties from last month. It is typical that all perfume runs out at the same time, so it's a good job I got a restock of lovely smelling bits and bobs for Christmas. It's a real mixture of products this month. Usually I run out of all my make up at once, or all my hair care at once, but this month actually seems quite balanced. So here we have it...


Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Deep Nourishing Intensive Mask
Armani Diamonds Eau de Toilette
Dove Go Fresh Nectarine and White Ginger Nourishing Body Wash
Rimmel Stay Matte Powder
Girlz Only Dawn til Dusk Dry Shampoo
Bumble and Bumble Thickening Spray
Palmers Cocoa Butter Formula
Diesel Loverdose Eau de Toilette

I will definitely not be purchasing this herbal essences mask again. I picked it up when it was on a half price offer and thought I would give it a go. It smells lovely and the pot is a decent size for the price of around £4, but that is counteracted by the fact you have to use quite a lot on your hair for any kind of effect. Hair feels all covered and moisturised when in the shower, though when dry there doesn't really seem to be much of an effect. I shall definitely be going back to my usual Aussie 3 minute miracle mask - the holy grail of hair care.

Armani Diamonds is one of my favourite daytime fragrances. It is very subtle and you only need a small spritz so the bottle lasts forever. I got this for Christmas 2011 and wear it almost everyday and it's only just ran out so that goes to show you it's longevity. Luckily my Nanny bought me another bottle for Christmas this year, but if she hadn't have done then I definitely would have repurchased. It's my signature smell. I'm loving it.

This dove body wash smells incredible! I love it so much that I use it as a soap just to wash my hands now it's that scrummy smelling. Dove is always on offer in Boots so I'll definitely be picking this up again. It makes your skin feel soft and rejuvenated  and the lovely nectarine smell hangs about for ages. If you didn't know it was Dove you'd think it was a product of The Body Shop. 

The Rimmel Stay Matte powder is my everyday finishing powder for a thin coat over my foundation. It does the job spot on and it's nice and cheap, which is good seeing as I get through one every 3 weeks! The silky beige shade is perfect for my pale skin tone without washing me out, I buy this all the time so I definitely won't be changing it up anytime soon.

I did a review on this dry shampoo (here) and I can honestly say I prefer it to Batiste. The citrus smell is lovely and refreshing, it doesn't leave any grey on my hair, and it leaves my hair looking like it's just been washed. It creates more volume and my roots and makes my hair much more manageable to style, I literally cannot fault this product. Now I've found them in Poundland I will definitely be keeping this as a staple in my beauty box. It's perfect. 

They used to use this product all the time at the hairdressing salon I used to work in and I adored the shampoo and conditioner from the same line, but I just cannot get on with this spray. You are supposed to put on damp hair for 'the ultimate blow dry' or on dry hair for a 'set finish'. Whichever way I did it it just seemed to weigh my hair down - making it look the complete opposite to thick. It made my hair greasier quicker and in my opinion it just didn't do what it said it would. I'll be steering clear of this from now on.

Everyone I know who has ever tried Palmers Cocoa Butter has absolutely loved it. It moisturises your skin like nothing else you have ever known, and it just smells good enough to eat. It's so cheap as well, and the bottle lasts a hell of a long time. I've had this since I interned at LOOK magazine in Summer 2011!!! A favourite of mine for sure. 

And lastly the Diesel Loverdose perfume. I like to try a different perfume each year to have something a little different than my standard Armani for nights out of special events. I loved this perfume, it smelt beautiful, was certainly very different to the Diamonds and again lasted me almost 18 months. I would use this again if it was bought for me as a gift but I have several more I wish to try such as Lancome La Vie Est Belle, and my Nan bought me Marc Jacobs Daisy for Christmas which I adore!

So there you have it. Lots of yummy smelling items this month. What have you been using? You had any success or disagreements which my products shown?




No comments:

Post a Comment