Pages

Monday 4 March 2013

Monochrome AND Brights...

If you're a regular reader of my blog, then I'm sure that you are aware that I am a big fan of midi dresses. I seem to be having a bit of a love affair with them as of recent. They are just so ridiculously flattering, so incredibly sexy and subtle at the same time, and then don't require to be pulled down every 10 minutes to ensure no bum cheeks are on show. All pretty positive points I'm sure you'll agree. 

Last week (before March spending ban started, may I add) I ordered myself this gorgeous ASOS number for my friend's upcoming 21st birthday. We are going for a night out in Birmingham, so I wanted something a little different, a little special, and that I wouldn't necessarily wear on a regular night out in town. This fulfilled all those three points - I adore it. So I've been thinking about my styling options, and I'm pretty set on the look below now. Owh the shoes. The really beautiful shoes...






Not only does this dress have an ace bold print, shoulder pads, a flattering side panel, and the perfect knee length cut; it also has a rather cool cut out back. I am partial to the odd cut out detailing, though this requires a pretty decent backless bra - my local Debenhams Wonderbra department shall be being visited very shortly, unless any of you lovely readers have any good recommendations for such an item. 

The gold in the earrings ties in the buckle on the shoe perfectly. There's nothing more I hate than mixing gold and silver so these are ideal and the black keeps it in keeping with the dress and other accessories. A nice plain black clutch with side detailing. Very reasonable price and keeping everything to a minimum. The dress speaks for itself so I don't want to overpower it by over accessorising. 

The shoes however - oh these shoes. They have done terrible things to my heart. I just really need them in my life. The colour is just divine, I have such a thing for electric blue; and the thick heels ensures for a comfortable wear. Beautiful and practical - these shoes were just made for my feet. They are just perfect for adding a bit of a colour to this monochrome look. Love it!







1 comment: