Pages

Tuesday 12 March 2013

Trying Something New...

Im getting a bit bored of doing the standard fashion and beauty posts everyday and slightly beginning to run out of inspiration. So I thought I'd mix things up by doing a little column once a week. A kind of ramblings and/or rant on my life at present, or like today's post - a situation in which someone has been asked for my advice. So...


What do you do when you start to like a guy that you never thought that you would?

Now this may seem like a really childish and teenage girl thing to say, but I've never really sat down and thought about a guy who I've always seen as 'just a friend' being something more than that. I'm one of those girls that just tends to get on with guys. Don't get me wrong, I have lots of female friends, and I love them to pieces, but men are just so easy to get on with. They say things like it is, they don't bitch about you behind your back (usually), and they are just such a laugh - even if they do slightly overstep the mark and allow it by calling it 'banter'. Boys make for good friends, until that day that one of you thinks into it slightly more, or more to the point - other people do. Within every mixed sex friendship group there's always one couple that EVERYONE thinks will end up together. Everyone else thinks it but them. I can name a few from my own right now, but I won't cus I know some of them read this and that would just be adding fuel to fire.

But back to the situation in hand, I'm one of those girls that falls for people too quickly. I go into it thinking that I've got my guard up, I know what I'm doing and it's just a simple situation. And then bam. Few months down the line and the brick wall you had up has been smashed to pieces and you're wondering what the hell you're doing. It's happened once or twice. Silly Lou, but hey, we live and learn. I like to think of myself as a hopeless romantic. I wear my heart on my sleeve, and some say that's not a good thing, but I'd rather have my heart broken a few times than have so many barriers up that I never let anyone in.



Back to the friendship fiasco; it's always difficult to know when to take a friendship up to something more than that. You don't want to ruin what you've already got, but you don't want to always think what if. What if I'd had said something all those years ago, would my life have panned out differently. That would be me. Always think into things way too much and end up blurting out those thoughts without really engaging my brain first. Possibly not such a nice trait as the hopeless romantic just discussed.

I'm pretty sure I've got a heavily dominated female following on this blog, much more so than a male one anyway; so what are your thoughts ladies (and the men that may be reading). Do you think that turning a friendship into a relationship can ever end well. I know a few that are going pretty good, and a few that have ended in absolute turmoil. It all seems a bit 50/50. Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment