Pages

Sunday 21 July 2013

Liebster Award Take Two...

I'm currently sitting in bed, knowing I should be attempting to go to sleep but finding it damn near impossible due to these pre interning nerves. I start my four week internship at Conde Nast BRIDES magazine in the morning, and despite being ridiculously excited I can't help but be a wee bit nervous. As soon as I will get there it will be fine but packing my stuff and organising my outfits has given me the jitters. Eeek. Speaking of which I shall be compiling a 'Life as an Intern' style post during my time there formed of informing you of my day to day duties at the magazine, my OOTD and all the exciting things I manage to get up to in London. But before I ramble on, I thought I'd post my Liebster Award post.



Now I've been nominated for this before (see post here) but when Keira, my giveaway winner (see interview here), nominated me once again I thought it would be a perfect way to update on my last one - and distract me from these silly nerves. So here goes. 

The Rules:
Nominees must answer 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated them.
Choose 11 blogs with under 300 followers to nominate to do this, comment on their blog to let them know
Come up with 11 new questions for your nominees to answer

My Answers:
What made you start blogging?
It was a compulsory element to my journalism course at university, and at the time I really didn't want to. I was writing because I had to, and it took me about a year until I really got into it and found myself actually enjoying it. I still haven't settled on a particular format for my blog, I just write about what I'm feeling at the time or something relevant, which suits me just perfectly.

What one thing can you not leave the house without?
Face powder. I've got a weird obsession with making sure that my skin is not oily or shiny in any way whatsoever. My Rimmel powder is a must have, and I never leave the house without having it tucked away in my handbag - especially for the 12 hour shifts I have become much too accustomed to. 

Would you rather wear orange eyeliner or have green hair for the rest of your life?
This is a tough one, because orange eyeliner would look horrendous on my skin tone, but I love dying my hair a ridiculous amount. I would probably go with the green hair, and experiment with many different shades of green, starting with a deep green that shines brighter when in the light. 

What is your go to product this season?
During this hot weather, and now that my skin has got better I am loving the BB cream by the Body Shop. If I'm honest I'm not majorly hot on beauty products but I do love this, and have my eye out for the Olay CC cream which I've seen so many rave reviews about. I need to get my hands on it.

Who is your role model?
I wouldn't say I particularly have a role model because as stupid as it sounds I don't really base what I do on that of another person. However I admire my Mum a lot for the way she has brought me and my sister up through tough times, and my Nan for always being there. Strong women run in my family, and I am very lucky (and slightly cursed) to be one of them. 

Lipstick or Lipgloss?
Lipstick every time. In a dark shade of red, burgundy or purple. I cannot stand sticky lipgloss that your hair gets stuck to or that rubs off ridiculously quickly. Just no.

Favourite nail varnish brand?
I actually don't own one single nail varnish, I don't paint my nails. I have bitten them since the age of about three and as a result they are so weak that whenever they get to any kind of length they just snap off. So I rely on gel nails by the lovely girls at my local nail salon, and they use OPI varnish so I would have to say that is my favourite brand as it's the only one that gets used on my nails. I particularly love their black leather look one. Pretty. 

What is your dream job? Are you doing it?
I'd love to be writing a column for a bridal magazine if not a women's monthly magazine. As a hopeless romantic I feel I would be perfect for this. I always have something heart felt and a wee bit cheesy. I guess you could say I'm getting my foot on the ladder as I begin my internship at Conde Nast BRIDES tomorrow, but for now, full time, I am a barmaid - which I do actually really enjoy. I've made some amazing friends through working at the Talbot hotel so I can't complain. 

Heels or flats?
Heels. One million per cent. Especially midi heels - I'm currently head over heels (literally) for my studded Zara midi heels. Comfort and style in one - they will be featuring a lot in my intern style diary I feel.

Favourite season?
Autumn. It is still pretty warm in the first month from the summer, and then it gets to the nice crisp weather where it isn't too cold to have to wear a thousand layers but you can buy a pretty new coat. Oh and it's fashion weeks, and the stores always have big sales, and the fashion is always spot on. I love it.

If you could change one thing about yourself but it could be changed back if you didn't like it, what would it be?
I would probably get a pair of decent sized boobs. I don't despise my current 32B's as much as I used to, but I wouldn't mind a slightly bigger pair. I swear they were bigger when I was 13! I've got a pretty crappy relationship with how my body looks so I guess if I could trial something new then that would be interesting. 

My Nominees:
Bronwyn at http://problemsofapoorgirl.blogspot.co.uk/ (Love her outfit posts)

My Questions to You:
What made you want to start blogging?
Fashion or beauty?
What do you study/hope to study at university?
Hobby?
Favourite thing about yourself?
Go to fashion trend?
Best memory?
Favourite book?
Greatest Achievement?
Occupation?
Main ambition?

GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment