Pages

Wednesday 18 September 2013

Back to Normality...

So I am now officially back after an incredible couple of weeks away at Bestival and Zante, and boy am I hitting reality with a bang. Job interview, gym and work within 17 hours of arriving back in the country. So to ease myself back into the normal routine of life I thought I'd do a nice simple post today and show you my holiday must haves. I will follow up in the next few days with my festival and holiday style diary so keep tuned. But for today, these goodies are all you need to keep you in tip top form. Or as close to that as you can be when on a drinking holiday in Zante...


These sure compressed deodorants are the perfect travel size and the pink bottle in particular smells delightful. It protects you all day through 34 degree heat and despite the small size it lasts as long as a big bottle. I promise, it's not just a sales fad. 

No7 beautifully matte foundation is my new make up love! I always find it difficult to get foundation to match my patchy pigmented skin, but the lovely match service at No7 means the machine tells you exactly what shade/style you need. The coverage is great, it really does stay matte throughout the day (or night in my case during this holiday) and it feels really light on the skin. At £14 a bottle, and No7 always having offers across their products it's definitely a more affordable option than my other love, Elizabeth Arden Pure Mineral foundation. Plus the bottle lasts a good 8-10 weeks with daily application. 

After sun is a must on my pasty white skin, and Nivea is perfect for sensitive ones. The aloe vera extract means it is extremely refreshing, especially after some time in the fridge and helped to turn the burn to tan in no time! 

For me, oils are a must on holiday. Skin and hair. Vo5 miracle concentrate hair oil is brilliant for sun damaged hair, preventing the ends from getting dry and also tames flyaways if applied after blow drying. In terms of skin I feel mine is very complicated. My nose gets very dry, yet also oily. Extremely annoying. To sort this out I use the Body Shop's vitamin E (best range ever) oil. You only need the tiniest bit and dry patches are instantly banished! Saviour!

To add to my skin care, I worship the tea tree and witch hazel nose pore strips, I've totally converted all my friends to using them also. If you suffer from blackheads then you need these in your life - one try and you will never go back - I promise! 

And lastly my tangle teezer. This is the best thing to have ever come out of Dragons den and if you don't have one you are seriously missing out! I cannot do my hair without this brush - it just glides through all tangles and makes styling so simple. 

Do you rate any of these products? What are your holiday/summer must haves? I'm on the lookout for a really good eye serum cream to rid me of these awful post holiday eye bags, so any ideas - let me know! 


No comments:

Post a Comment